100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Multiplatform (also iOS, Windows and Symbian)
- Additional features and voice calls
- It needs a stronger customer base outside Asia
A powerful messaging service.
Here's one of the major players in the messaging board, and indeed one of the strongest alternatives if your current service is about to expire. Of course, you'll have to win your friends over. WeChat is backed by Tencent, which is one of the largest Internet providers worldwide.
Along any usual multiplatform messaging features as texts, images and videos over your data plan or wifi, WeChat allows voice messages and voice and video calls. In addition, there are a zillion animated smileys available, and a fun walkie-talkie mode, which might be useful under certain circumstances. Supports all usual languages and Facebook Connect option.
Therefore, WeChat may be your best alternative. However, how will you bring your friends is another kettle of fish, though perhaps it's time to ponder the benefits of having more than one messaging app installed at once.
• Talk faster on the go with voice messages
• Crystal clear voice and video calls
• Instant messaging with group chats and animated smileys
• Chat with your friends or with people nearby
• Sending photos and videos has never been simpler
• Real walkie talkie mode with up to 40 friends
• Always on, no logouts, never miss a message
• Get message alerts instantly with push notifications
• Share, like, and comment on photos with your friends
• Import contacts and add friends instantly
• Available on Android and all other smartphones, all for free
WeChat works over your phone's existing data plan or any WiFi connection.
- Click the top right "+" to quickly snap and send a photo to your friends
- Make free calls to any contact from their profile page
- Chat history search results improved
- Redesigned faster and lighter WeChat for Android!
- Real-time location sharing with walkie talkie
- Universal search including chat history search
- Receive a special notification if you're mentioned in a group chat
- Link and show your LinkedIn account
- Better image browsing in chats
I love this
On My Samsung Galaxy S4
I have big problem with voice message i have galaxy s4 mini and when i press and talk its record 4 second and send the message but i dont left my hand from device and some time record just 9 second and send the message while i continue speaking and i thin
Loved it, very intresting n havin fun application
New updates sucks..my wechat always crash..